Do Not Be An Ostrich
Have you ever seen a picture of an ostrich with its head buried in the sand? This is one of the funniest scenes in nature and is a great metaphor to describe individuals who have a Crisis Care mentality about their health. This means that they only take care of themselves when they get sick, diagnosed with a disease or are in excruciating pain. This is not a good idea.
If you want to live an active, healthy long life, it's time to redefine crisis. Here are early signs that you or your loved ones are in crisis or are headed for one.
- You take over the counter drugs on a monthly basis
- You have taken prescription drugs consistently for more than three months
- You have altered your life due to a health concern
- You constantly try to pop your neck and back or are fidgety
- You cannot or do not exercise
- You take medication to offset the side effects of other medications
- You experience irregular sleep patterns
- You are susceptible to colds and the flu
- You often say things like "I don't feel right." Or, "I need to take a pill."
- You have difficulty standing or sitting up straight.
Many seniors and centenarians are suffering the consequences of their "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" ostrich-like attitudes. We are getting the advance notice that our parents and grandparents never received. The principles of The 100 Year Lifestyle will help you think differently about your health and pull your head out of the sand.
© 2015. The Family Practice, Inc., Dr. Eric Plasker and The 100 Year Lifestyle. All Rights Reserved.
This article is provided by Alan Nathans Family Chiropractic
your 100 Year Lifestyle Affiliate Chiropractor in Jacksonville FL
[ Go back ]